Seoul shares open nearly flat despite US gains
简介South Korean stocks opened almost flat Thursday following overnight gains on Wall Street buoyed by c ...
South Korean stocks opened almost flat Thursday following overnight gains on Wall Street buoyed by cooler-than-expected inflation data.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index gained 0.8 point, or 0.01 percent, to 2,487.47 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
The local market opened an hour later, along with the government and all major institutions, including private businesses, to make room for the once-a-year national college entrance exam.
US stocks closed higher overnight following reports that the producer price index rose at a lower-than-expected rate in October, providing an additional sign of slowing inflation one day after the country reported a slower-than-expected increase in consumer price index.
The Dow Jones Industrial average added 0.47 percent, with the Nasdaq Composite gaining 0.07 percent.
In Seoul, large caps traded mixed.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics gained 0.83 percent, with No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix losing 0.45 percent.
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution fell 1.44 percent, while top mobile carrier SK Telecom added 0.97 percent.
Top automaker Hyundai Motor rose 1.21 percent, with its smaller affiliate Kia soaring 2.09 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,307.75 won against the US dollar, down 6.95 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
부산 엑스포 유치 불발 일주일 만에 윤석열 대통령이 부산을 찾았다. 윤 대통령은 6일 부산항국제전시컨벤션센터에서 간담회를 열고 세계박람회(엑스포) 유치를 위해 노력한 기업인과 시민 ...
지난 16일 강원 홍천에서 8년 경력 장동훈 농부가 수확한 인삼을 들고 활짝 웃고 있다. 사진 KGC인삼공사지난 16일 강원 홍천의 밭에서 농부들이 인삼을 수확하고 있다. 산으로 ...
수도권 상공 출격한 미군 B-52 ... 처음으로 국내 기지 착륙도미군 전략폭격기 B-52 ‘스트래토포트리스’가 17일 오전 경기도 성남시 서울공항에서 열린 ‘서울 아덱스 2023 ...
Passengers file complaints over burning smell on Gimpo Goldline
유승민 “안철수·이준석, 초상집서 상주끼리 그만 싸워라”
'2023 Box Gallery Exhibition' by Youth Impact shows art made of discarded paper
S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
[KH Explains] China ups OLED ante to take over Korean shares
Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by
- Year after deadly crowd crush, victims, families yet to leave it behind
- Seoul shares hit 7
- [Exclusive] Asia's Tang Contemporary Art to open first Western outpost in London
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- Seoul shares hit 7
- Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- S. Korea expresses gratitude to Japan for assisting return of Koreans from war
- [Herald Interview] Sustainability offers practical help to industries
- Savor the irresistible taste of tteokbokki
- 與 "고물가로 민생 어렵다면서 돈 풀자는 이재명…모순덩어리"
- Jungkook, Red Velvet, Stray Kids, new YG girl group among year
- 통일부 “남북 간 장기간 연락 중단 유감…정상화 촉구”
- KITA chief touts Ireland’s business
- Police turn to AI to predict crimes, drug tracking
- PPP decides to lift membership suspensions of ex
- JCS says N. Korea might have provided Russia with short
- Yangjae Flower Festa kicks off Friday
- Kia unveils ‘tiger
- Seoul shares shoot up nearly 2% on Fed's back
- Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
- Supreme Court acquits ex
- Define Seoul beckons Seongsu
- The branch of South Korean left blaming Israel for Hamas attacks
- Viviz goes all out for 4th EP ‘Versus’
- [Today’s K
- Asiana Airlines to sell cargo biz to smooth merger
- Biden picks top Asia aide as nominee for deputy secretary of state
- SPO and Lim Yun
- ‘It’s OK to put fried chicken, ramen on jesa table’