Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
简介Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group ...
Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group's first anniversary with an apology.
Keena penned a hand-written letter to fans Saturday, a year on from the group's debut.
"I'm cautious as to how to start this since I'm addressing my fans, Hunnies, for the first time in a while, but I'm plucking up my courage to speak on my honest thoughts," Keena began her letter.
"First of all, I'm sorry to Hunnies who have gone through a hard time due to my indiscreet actions and I am thankful to them for enduring through this indefinite period for me," she wrote.
Keena, along with her three bandmates of Fifty Fifty, had begun a legal battle against the group's agency, Attrakt, in June, requesting an injunction to terminate their exclusive contracts. The Seoul court rejected their request in August and the four members appealed. Attrakt in October terminated the contracts with Saena, Sio and Aran, but not with Keena, who withdrew her appeal at the last moment.
"I've learnt, experienced and matured a lot in the past year. It was my memories with Hunnies that have pulled me up every moment," she continued in the letter, adding, "I promise to make you guys happy again as Keena of Fifty Fifty with good performances and music."
Debuting under Attrakt, Fifty Fifty gained enormous popularity with its mega-hit single, "Cupid." With the song, the quartet became the fastest K-pop group to make it onto Billboard's Hot 100 song chart, and "Cupid" went on to become the longest-charting song on the US singles chart and the British Official Single Chart.
Keena is set to attend the Billboard Music Awards ceremony at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday.
Fifty Fifty has been nominated for the top duo/group and top global K-pop song award categories of the annual music event.
The leaders of the Group of Seven countries "strongly" condemned North Korea's recent spy satel ...
South Korean stocks ended more than 2.3 percent lower Tuesday as investors took profit following the ...
홍준표 대구시장이 지난달 30일 오후 서울 여의도 국회 의원회관에서 열린 '국민의힘-대구광역시 예산정책협의회'에서 모두발언을 하고 있다. 뉴스1홍준표 대구시장이 최근 국민의힘이 추 ...
- GC Biopharma breaks ground for Indonesia’s first blood products plant
- Samsung C&T gears for 2023 Smart City Expo World Congress
- Mama Awards stays in Japan for 2nd straight year
- [Today’s K
- 윤 대통령, 엑스포 불발 1주만에 부산행 “지역현안 완벽 추진”
- [Korean History] In 2004, serial murderer with goal to kill 100 was stopped at 20
[KH Explains] China ups OLED ante to take over Korean shares
S. Korea retakes No. 1 spot in global shipbuilding orders in Oct.
'Omega X will not give up': Boy band returns to share message of hope
인요한 만난 김종인 “처방은 잘했지만, 환자가 약을 먹어야”
Korean attorney elected as new ICC judge
Seoul proposes safety measures to prevent poor construction
- City becomes attractive when social minorities are empowered: Seoul mayor
- After 13 years, Naver's 'OnStage' music show bids farewell
- Samsung renews CSR push for multicultural families, seniors
- Leeum Museum ecological project starts Dec. 1 with Chanel Culture Fund
- Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- 이원욱 “이재명, 최강욱 징계 반발하는 개딸과 이별해야”
- PKM Gallery sheds light on Toby Ziegler, Kwon Jin
- LG Energy Solution names new CEO to propel growth
- S. Korea elected as member of UNESCO World Heritage Committee
- [Herald Interview] Former Treasure member Bang Ye
- ASEAN filmmakers' works to be screened in Busan
- Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
- [KH Explains] KG Mobility looks to turn to annual profit for 1st time in 7 years
- [Today’s K
- Feulner says N. Korea pays heed to 'strength' and 'solidarity'
- Consumption slows down amid high rates, inflation
- [Herald Review] '12.12: The Day' avoids usual pitfalls of historical films
- 尹대통령, 이동관 방통위원장 사의 수용했다…"면직안 재가"
- 'Sweet Home 2' returns with new characters, sophisticated monsters
- Bomb threat causes midnight fuss at Yonsei university
- 홍준표 "엑스포 박빙 보고…尹 파리 출장가게 한 참모들 징계해야"
- 군사합의 효력 정지 책임 넘긴 北 "한반도 전쟁은 시점 문제"
- '12.12: The Day' surpasses 4m ticket sales on 12th day of release
- National Orchestra of Korea's 'Winter Concert' to bring harmony of tradition, musicals
- Spicing up the world: Samyang’s Buldak series makes global waves
- Industrial output, retail sales, investment all fall in Oct.: data
- [Global Finance Awards] Kyobo's new child insurance plan offers lifetime coverage
- [Hello Indonesia] Cultural tapestry woven at 'Korea
- Ateez closes 1st chapter of career with 'The World Ep. Fin: Will’
- [New in Korean] 'BU Care Insurance' protects hearts after breakups