Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
简介The World Health City Forum, set to take place in Incheon's Songdo Convensia from Monday, is po ...
The World Health City Forum, set to take place in Incheon's Songdo Convensia from Monday, is poised to illuminate the intricate challenges posed by globalized risks in an era shaped by the intricate interplay of pandemics, climate change and economic downturns.
Under the theme "Globalization of risks, how to make the world safer?" the three-day gathering will bring together some 150 distinguished thought leaders, including scholars, government officials and business experts across relevant fields, to deliberate on solutions for what is termed today as "compound globalized risks." The term encapsulates the multifaceted crisis, and underscores urgency of collaborative action from diverse fields.
Jointly hosted by the Health Ministry, Incheon Metropolitan City, Seoul National University, Yonsei University and Ewha Womans University, the forum also aims to come up with a future smart health city model.
Director-General of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, former Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, and experts from various domains will speak at the forum.
Keynote speeches by Ji Young-mi, head of the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency, and Jeremy Rifkin, head of the nonprofit organization The Foundation on Economic Trends, will address strategies for addressing future pandemics and climate crises.
China’s recent move to ramp up investment in organic light-emitting display panels is stoking fears ...
국민의힘 이용 의원. 연합뉴스이용 국민의힘 의원이 강서구청장 선거 참패에 대해 당지도부의 책임론을 요구하는 당 중진들에게 “선당후사하는 모습과 자리에 연연하지 않는 솔선수범하는 자 ...
LG Innotek, an electronic component manufacturer under LG Group, said Sunday that it had earned thre ...
- ‘Korea could go extinct without proper immigration policy’: minister
- LG Innotek wins patents for EV charging technology
- Blackpink's Jennie makes solo debut on Official UK Singles Chart
- [Herald Review] Lim Hyunsik takes fans for a musical dive into ocean
- Berlin Philharmonic's 'Unsuk Chin Edition': Unthinkable becomes reality
- Returning minister Yu In
- 한·사우디 43년 만의 공동성명 “방산·네옴시티 협력 강화”
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- LG Energy Solution Q3 net soars on US demand
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day
- Hyundai Motor to build 1st car plant in Saudi Arabia, leading 46 Korea
- Seoul shares open flat despite US gains
- Silversmith William Lee wins Craft Prize 2023
- [Korean History] 'Yonsama' fans trailblaze Hallyu in Japan
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…이달 18~19일 방문
- Seoul International Pride Film Festival kicks off on Nov. 2
- Seoul expected to be one of most sought
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses
- Hyundai Motor’s yearly earnings hit record
- Hyundai Mobis Q3 net jumps 78% on sales growth of key components
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- [Life In Korea] Delivering 'taste of life' via street art
- Samsung SDI logs record
- [KH Explains] A look back on Lee Jae
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- Cirque Du Soleil mesmerizes Seoul with 'Luzia: A Waking Dream of Mexico'
- Meta fails to provide communication channel in Korea: lawmaker
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- Olympic medalist ‘tricked’ by fiance
- 카타르 국왕, 내년 방한 수락…“중동 107조 운동장 열려”
- NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"