Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
简介President Yoon Suk Yeol approved the appointments of new Defense Minister Shin Won-sik and new Cultu ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol approved the appointments of new Defense Minister Shin Won-sik and new Culture Minister Yoo In-chon on Saturday, the presidential office said.
Shin, a lawmaker of the ruling People Power Party and a former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was nominated by Yoon last month. He replaced Defense Minister Lee Jong-sup who offered to resign amid the main opposition Democratic Party's push to impeach him over his handling of a military investigation into a young Marine's death.
Yoo, special presidential adviser for culture and sports, will replace Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Park Bo-kyoon.
Yoo had served as the first culture minister for former President Lee Myung-bak from 2008 to 2011.
The two were not confirmed by the National Assembly, but the presidential office said Yoon approved their appointments as the new ministers need time to prepare for the annual parliamentary audit set to kick off Tuesday. (Yonhap)
South Korean stocks ended lower Thursday as investors were concerned the US economy may be losing st ...
One in 8 commercial flights entering South Korea was found to be contaminated with pathogens that ca ...
The Korean Intellectual Property Office has moved to strength relations with authorities in the Midd ...
- LG wins SOAFEE board membership to join Arm, Bosch
- Gangnam teen investigated for assaulting deliveryman with golf club
- S. Korea pushes for using commercial satellites in military communication
- '12.12: The Day’ attracts 1.8m moviegoers in five days since opening
- GC Biopharma breaks ground for Indonesia’s first blood products plant
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- [Herald Interview] Kim Gi
- 4 North Koreans cross maritime border, say want to defect
- [Herald Interview] Kim Gi
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- Silversmith William Lee wins Craft Prize 2023
- 윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”
- [Korean History] In 2003's Daegu, disaster plays out underground
- Trend forecaster Kim Ran
- Viviz to drop 4th EP ‘Versus’ next month
- N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- The ruling party vows extraordinary measures to win back people's trust after crushing by
- Appeals court upholds 40
- [HIT Forum] Korea's only astronaut highlights humanity's connection with universe
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- [HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
- Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl
- Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
- [HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
- Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- 민주당 개표 초반부터 환호성…김태우 캠프엔 적막 가득했다