Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
简介Kimchi, a traditional Korean dish consisting of fermented vegetables, often cabbage and radish, is u ...
Kimchi, a traditional Korean dish consisting of fermented vegetables, often cabbage and radish, is ubiquitous in Korean cuisine.
This timeless Korean staple is reinterpreted at On 6.5, a contemporary kimchi tapas bar that is making waves in Seoul's dining scene.
Kimchi, traditionally thought of as a side dish, takes center stage at On 6.5, which has redefined the way we eat kimchi with their creative dishes.
Located in the Anguk-dong neighborhood, the year-old bar exudes modern ambiance blended with traditional Korean influences in its interior and the various objects that decorate its dining hall. Upon stepping into the hanok bar, guests will encounter a white moon jar created by artist Park Sung-wook, while the colors of the three main ingredients used in kimchi -- red pepper, green vegetables and white salt -- can be found throughout the restaurant.
Symbolizing the kimchi fermentation process, the walls are painted in gradations of red and the plates and the bowls have "kimchi" written on them, declaring in no uncertain terms that all the eatery's dishes feature kimchi.
South Korea has reached a point where accepting more immigrants under a solid policy is no longer a ...
In a mesmerizing display of cultural harmony and melodic beauty, a haegeum player in traditional Kor ...
South Korea’s top chefs gathered to develop Korean fine dining menus using Korean ingredients as par ...
- Things look bright for ‘Past Lives’ Oscars prospects
- Jeju female divers 'haenyeo' listed as FAO agricultural heritage system
- 노조에 파업 손배 청구 힘들어져…재계, 노란봉투법 통과 강력 반발
- Jungkook's 'Golden' hits No. 2 on Billboard 200 with biggest
- Yoon nominates former boss to head broadcasting watchdog
- National Museum of the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty to open in Pyeongchang
- Kakao Mobility announces plan to overhaul commission system amid monopoly criticism
- Subway car seats to be removed in two subway cars for more space: Seoul Metro
- Kakao taxi
- FM Park, Blinken to meet in Seoul next week
- HDC to spur digital innovation for efficiency, safety
- [Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- Posco secures W6tr supply deal from Lotte Energy Materials
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'
- Epitaph plaque for wife of first Korean diplomatic minister in US returns to Korea
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- Hyundai Mobis Q3 net jumps 78% on sales growth of key components
- Yoon meets disgraced ex
- Samsung Biologics quarterly sales hit W1tr for first time
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"
- Ruling party to appoint innovation committee members
- Hyundai Motor’s yearly earnings hit record
- 윤 대통령, 4박 6일 사우디·카타르 순방 마치고 귀국
- Han Kang's novel shortlisted for 2 prestigious French awards
- Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses
- LG Electronics to bolster local strategies, B2B push to widen gap with Chinese rivals
- 김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
- KGC wins minister's award for IP management
- [Photo News] Commemoration for Itaewon tragedy in Gwangju
- Revamped 'Sister Act' with diverse cast gets ready for international premiere
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- Italian architect Franco Mancuso donates archives on Korean Pavilion at Venice Biennale